In which cases is a refund possible?
- ERetraction or Desisting
- EDeceased person
- EFlight cancellation
You have tested positive for COVID-19
Given the special circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Colombian government has decreed a health emergency through Resolution 738 of 2021 of the Ministry of Health. For this reason, airlines in Colombia can attend to requests for refund of services – for operational impact, retraction or withdrawal (refund of fees) – based on Article 17 of Decree 482 of 2020, for the duration of the emergency and for up to one more year.
With Sarpa you may request a change of date, and it will be valid for one year.
Retraction and Desisting
- EWhen you purchase a ticket in any sales channel, you may retract it within five (5) business days after the purchase, provided that your flight does not start within the same period.
- EThe ticket must be refunded to the passenger within a maximum period of thirty (30) calendar days from the communication of the retraction.
- EIf you make the right of retraction, the contract will be terminated and the amount paid will be refunded, except for the administrative fee and the corresponding VAT, which are not refundable. The reimbursement will be made for the entire reservation and not per trip.
- EWhen you purchase a ticket in any sales channel and/or your Contract of Carriage originates in Colombia, you may cancel your flight up to 24 hours before the flight starts. Remember to check the conditions of your fare; in case it is a promotional fare, this benefit does not apply. The airline and/or travel agent must refund the money to the passenger within a maximum period of thirty (30) calendar days from the communication of the cancellation.
Colombian Decrees 3596 of 2006 and 1499 of 2014.
Application of cancellation – Colombia
In case of death of the ticket holder, his/her companion (as long as they have the same itinerary) or relatives (first degree of consanguinity) has the right to request the refund of such passenger by presenting proof of the blood or affinity relationship.
Such claim must be made within 30 working days of the scheduled date of the flight.
If you have received an email informing you of the cancellation of your flight, you have different options:
Option A – Choose a new flight
You can choose another flight time or date on the same route free of charge (subject to availability). Rerouting is not allowed.
Option B – Request a refund
If you still want to fly, but are not sure when or where to go, you can get a voucher (Flight Credit).
Option C – Request a cash refund
If you prefer to request a cash refund, go to the “Manage your booking” section. Your refund will be executed within 30 calendar days.
If you wish to make a reservation but you are still unsure of the date of travel, we recommend that you purchase our SarpaTop product during your booking. This way, you will be able to change your reservation only with the fare change.
Change of Name
If you want to make a reservation but you are not sure who the passenger will be, we recommend that you purchase our Sarpa Top product during your booking. This way, you will be able to change the name of the passenger in your reservation.
Change of Name
Change of Route
If you want to travel this summer but are unsure, we recommend you purchase our Sarpa Top product during your booking. This way, you can change your flight online prior to your trip.
The rerouting fee is per passenger and flight, and depends on the number of days remaining before departure, in addition to the fare difference. They are classified as follows:
Change of Route
- EMore than 30 days to travel
- EBetween 7 - 30 days to travel
- E7 days to travel
Gestión del Riesgo y SARLAFT
El Lavado de Activos y la Financiación del Terrorismo y Financiación de la proliferación de armas de destrucción masiva –LAFT/PADM– constituye una de las situaciones mas complejas que enfrenta en la actualidad nuestro medio, es por ello que nuestra empresa, adquiere el compromiso frente a la legalidad y la transparencia con la adopción de medidas y políticas para evitar que delitos como LAFT/PADM y la corrupción se filtren en nuestra organización generando un riesgo de contaminación.
Nuestra política para el funcionamiento del SARLAFT, si bien hace parte de un cumplimiento normativo, también contribuyen con el conocimiento bajo la modalidad de “due diligence” de nuestros proveedores, clientes, aliados y empleados, logrando una mayor transparencia en nuestro actuar y minimizando el riesgo de contagio.
A continuación, podrán consultar nuestro manual y política SARLAFT.